Friday, August 21, 2009

Time Flies

I can't believe that Caleb's 2nd birthday is right around the corner. Time just flies by way too fast. It is so hard to sit back and enjoy every single moment, but I really wish I could do more of that! I love watching Caleb grow and learn new things. It is amazing and I will forever be so thankful that God chose Stephen and me to be Caleb's parents. We must have done something right in our past to be blessed with such a great little boy!

So, I am planning Caleb's birthday party. I walked into Party City yesterday afternoon and had to blink. Wasn't I just there yesterday picking out first birthday gear? A year goes by way too fast! This year we are doing a fishing themed party. Caleb loves fish, and loves to tell you what they "say" by bobbing his head up and down and opening and closing his mouth really fast. So, a fishing theme it is. I am slowly getting decorations, picking out cake ideas, and deciding on what we will do at his party. We have decided to hold it at the house this year, which could either go very well or be a disaster...to clean up! It will be a smaller party this year, on a Sunday, so as not to interfere with football, and be all about the birthday boy. All food will be Caleb safe this year. That is my main request. It isn't fair to have to tell the birthday boy "No" on his birthday! (Well, when it comes to food anyways!) I will be trying a couple new recipes the month leading up to it, so everything will taste good to Caleb and all of the other guests! Be on the lookout in just over a month for birthday party pictures! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow- seems like just last week we gave him his super hero t-shirt! Fish... that will be fun! Does he like Nemo????

    -Eric
    http://www.ohmygodimadaddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has only watched a couple minutes of Nemo. Caleb has never been one to watch movies. (but I bet he would stil through Dora playing all day long! ha!) He would probably like him, though! I do! ha!!

    ReplyDelete