Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

"Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy" - Anne Geddes


Caleb is one lucky little boy! He has a DADDY that loves him and cares for him with his whole heart. He may not realize it growing up, but one day, maybe when he has a child of his own, Caleb will look back on his childhood and have memories of playing, learning and laughing with his daddy and realize how lucky he is. Some of my favorite moments occur when Stephen and Caleb don't know that I am watching them. It might be when Stephen is giving Caleb a bath, and I can hear him singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" with Caleb, or it might be when Stephen is outside giving Caleb wagon rides...which is always better than a wagon ride from Mommy. These wagon rides make special noises, go faster and always have surprises. My words cannot explain what a good Daddy Stephen is, so I thought I would make this blog more about pictures of my two favorite boys, and some quotes that I have found that really suit the two men in my life. I guess I should also say, that Caleb isn't the only lucky one....I am too! I love you, Stephen. Have a Happy Father's Day!



“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.” -Sigmund Freud



“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” -Jim Valvano





A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child. - Knights of Pythagoras




It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father. - Pope John XXIII



One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be. - Unknown


Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! - Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836


“The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” -David O. McKay

Thank you for loving me, Stephen!

3 comments: