Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Little Things...

I love little surprises. Today was no exception. I was walking back to my office in the hot Georgia sun. All of the sudden, I heard a little voice that sounded just like Caleb, along with some other little toddler voices. Sure enough, as I rounded the corner, I found Caleb and his classmates out on a walk with their teachers! (This is an older picture, but I thought it would do!) They were so cute and were all talking about the church bells that had been ringing. I decided to take a quick break and walk a little way with Caleb back to the daycare. He held Ms. Tamira's hand with his right hand and my hand with his left hand and we walked. We looked at the cars that drove by and at the plants. It was hot, so his tiny, sweaty hand would slip off my finger every now and then, but he would quickly reach back up, give me a smile and grab ahold of my index finger. Such a sweet boy that I have! Our walk today made my day and reminded me that even when it is hot outside and I can't wait to get back to my office in the air conditioning, taking the long way isn't always such a bad thing! It is times like this that I love working here at Brenau....the beautiful campus, the friendly staff and little surprise impromptu walks with my favorite boy!

2 comments:

  1. awh Tami- What a nice story.
    Great blog- you are so lucky you get to be so close to Caleb during the day!
    He has such a caring mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally jealous that you can see Caleb in the middle of work. Both of you are truely lucky! I also love the picture of the kids walking while holding the rope. When I see the preschoolers at school doing that, it always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete